As The Citizens Bank of Philadelphia completes its system conversion to our new online banking system, you will need to modify your QuickBooks settings to ensure the smooth transition of your data. To complete these instructions, you will need your User ID and Password for the both the current and new online banking systems.
It is important that you perform the following instructions exactly as described and in the order presented. If you do not, your service may stop functioning properly. This conversion should take 15–30 minutes.
NOTE: This update is time sensitive and must be completed before February 4, 2014.
Documentation and Procedures
Task 1: Conversion Preparation
- Backup your data file. For instructions to back up your data file, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Back Up and follow the instructions.
- Download the latest QuickBooks Update. For instructions to download an update, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Update QuickBooks, then select Updating QuickBooks or Update QuickBooks and follow the instructions.
- Switch to single user mode. For instructions to switch to single user mode, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Switch to Single User Mode and follow the instructions.
- Enable Register Mode. For instructions to enable Register Mode, choose Help menu > QuickBooks Help. Search for Online Banking Modes, select Online Banking Modes overview, scroll down, and follow the instructions.
IMPORTANT: All instructions will be written for Register Mode configuration.
Task 2: Connect to the current The Citizens Bank of Philadelphia Online Banking System
- Log in to The Citizens Bank of Philadelphia web site at https://www.thecitizensbankphila.com. Download and import your transactions into QuickBooks.
- Repeat this step for each account (such as checking, savings, and credit cards) that you use for online banking.
Task 3: Match Downloaded Transactions
- Choose the Banking menu →click Online Banking → click Online Banking Center.
- Click the Financial Institution drop-down arrow and choose The Citizens Bank of Philadelphia.
- Go to the Items Received list and click the electronic statement you want to see to select it.
- Click the View button.
- Click the transaction in the electronic statement (at the bottom of the window) that you want to match to a transaction in the register.
- Click the transaction in the register (at the top of the window) to match to.
- Click the Match button.
Repeat steps 5 – 7 for each transaction.
If you need assistance matching transactions, choose Help menu >> QuickBooks Help. Search for Matching Transactions and follow the instructions.
Task 4: Deactivate Your Account(s)
IMPORTANT: All transactions must be matched or added to the register prior to deactivating your account(s).
- Choose the Lists menu → Chart of Accounts.
- Left click the account you want to deactivate.
- Click Edit on the menu →click Edit Account.
- Click on the Online Services tab in the Edit Account window. The tab is named Bank Feed Settings in QuickBooks 2014.
- Select Deactivate All Online Services → click Save & Close.
- Click OK for any messages
- Repeat steps 2 – 6 for each account at The Citizens Bank of Philadelphia.
Task 5: Re-activate Your Account(s) on the New Online Banking System
IMPORTANT: This task cannot be completed until after February 4, 2014.
- Log in to The Citizens Bank of Philadelphia web site at https://onlinebanking.thecitizensbankphila.com.
- Download and import your transactions into QuickBooks.
- IMPORTANT: To avoid the possibility of creating duplicate records when downloading into QuickBooks, select a “from” date that does not include records previously downloaded.
- If prompted, click the Import new transactions now radio button, then click OK.
- NOTE: If you previously removed the check from the “Always give me the option of saving to a file...” option, then this dialog will not display.
- In the Select Bank Account dialog, click Use an existing QuickBooks account radio button.
- In the corresponding drop-down list, select your QuickBooks account, and click Continue.
- Confirm the prompt by clicking OK.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 for each account that you previously disabled.
- NOTE: Verify that all transactions downloaded successfully into your account registers.
Task 6: Re-enable Side by Side mode (if necessary)
NOTE: If you prefer register mode, you are finished with your conversion. If you use the Side by Side mode for online banking, you may now re-enable the mode. Now known as Express Mode under Bank Feeds Center in QuickBooks 2014
- For instructions to enable Side by Side mode, choose Help menu >> QuickBooks Help. Search for Online Banking Modes, then select Online Banking Modes overview, scroll down, and follow the instructions.
- For QuickBooks 2014, locate Bank Feeds within Checking Company Preferences found in the Edit menu > Preferences.